Outdoor Swimmer Magazine - Swim HappyRegular price £5.95
February 2022 - Swim Happy - Issue #58
On the cover
- Swim Happy: Swimming outdoors every day to beat the winter blues
- Interview: Attila Mányoki: Attila is one of a select few to have completed the Oceans Seven – seven of the most iconic sea swims on the planet.
- The Silent Epidemic: Becky Horsbrugh reports on global drowning prevention programmes
- Swimterview: Rachael Boughton. Poetry and outdoor swimming and the urge to capture our swim experiences.
- Watery Women: Sirens and sea goddesses – the history of mythical and deified women of the sea
- A Bleak Future: Lido Guide author Emma Pusill reports on the fate of Kenilworth lido
Coach – Maximise Your Potential
- Training Zones: Olympian Cassie Patten on how to structure your training sessions
- Going for Goals! Rowan Clarke guides us through summer race goals
- Pool Page: Dan Bullock serves up a sneaky swim session to get you fitter and faster
- Motivation: Emma Levy and Tracey Baumann help keep you motivated in your winter training
Event listings: Comprehensive UK and international race listings
- Sarah Thomas on the power of supporting other’s goals
- Joe Minihane on swimming on his own terms
- Alice Goodridge on wild winter winds
- Caroline Saxon on her swim tribe
- Simon Griffiths on the problem of unsafe venues
- Travel: Tresco’s Finest. An open water swimming retreat led by double World Champion Keri-anne Payne
- Eco Pages: Dahlia anemones, beavers and trees in winter
- Swim List: Jonathan Cowie on the thrill of the ice
- Swims Around… Wild swimming spots in Essex
- Tales From Up North: Swimming under the Wolf Moon
- Open Water News roundup
- Your Letters and Photos
Order your copy now!
Perfect bound. Printed in full colour on FSC approved paper in the United Kingdom. Outdoor Swimmer is printed on Carbon Balanced Paper. In 2021, we balanced 7,539kg of carbon dioxide enabling the World Land Trust to protect 1,440m2 of critically threatened tropical forest.